You got a nifty touch, you want to keep poultry and dare to take the challenge? With this document you can kickstart your next project: building a mobile chicken coop.
Movable sitting stick
The Chickenbarrow is a mobile chicken coop that has space for up to 4 hens and features a moveable sitting stick, which mechanically closes the hatch when the last chicken goes to roost. In the morning, when the last hen leaves the stick, the hatch automatically opens.
It is an ideal size to provide an average family with free range organic eggs. In addition rain water is collected from the roof and served as drinking water.
The Chickenbarrow concept is specially developed for Garnense by inspirator: Nick van Zutphen. Driven by the desire to produce natural eggs with a minimum amount of grain.
The Chickenbarrow fits perfectly in the "chicken tractor" concept known from Permaculture. Although you are free in how you use the Chickenbarrow, it lends itself extremely well to be moved, every so many days, so that your free range chickens have a fresh patch of land at their disposal. Producing free range organic eggs.
We created a professionally designed document, it includes the blueprints, outlines for cutting the plywood, a shopping list and a series of high quality photographs from our Chickenbarrow which you can use as reference. Right after payment you will receive access to dowload the .pdf document, via your personal account.
A unique 2,5 minute video that features a high quality 3D animation of the construction assembly.
- Detailed construction plans The blueprints document is presented in .pdf and formatted to print.
- 3D animated assembly of the structure The animation shows a step-by-step process of how the construction is assembled.
- High quality photographs Of our finished Chickenbarrow which you can use as reference while building.
- Shopping list All parts are sold at the average hardware store, but with a little creativity, you can also build your Chickenbarrow from recycled materials.
- Multilingual The document is offered in both English and Dutch. All measurements are presented the metric system.
This document is now available as a free download, we do how ever no long support it. You can download the blueprints here.